Departs: 7 days a week from Abell Point Marina at 9 am
Returns: Abell Point Marina at 5 pm
Free pickups will be at various locations in and around Airlie Beach. The default pickup is Base Backpackers in Airlie Beach at 8.30 am. If you’d prefer an alternate pickup, please call Whitsundays Sailing Adventures on 1300 653 100 or 07 4940 2000.
If passengers are not at the above pickup at the exact time they will miss the courtesy bus and have to make their own way to the Marina. The boat leaves at 9 am sharp and will not wait for passengers that miss the bus.
Thundercat boasts a 600 horsepower engine, offering an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands. This vessel has been designed and built for stability and speed, so it’s perfect for passengers who are concerned about seasickness. Thundercat is ideal for all travellers to the Whitsunday area, including singles, couples, groups and families.
Recommended that children should be at least four years of age.
You will depart Abell Point Marina at 9 am and travel to Tongue Bay for a once in a lifetime experience on Whitehaven Beach and a guided bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Enjoy fresh homemade baking for morning tea, followed by a buffet lunch, before heading to two snorkelling locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to Airlie Beach, arriving approximately 5 pm.
- Hill Inlet Lookout (iconic swirling sand)
- Stable catamaran – ideal for passengers concerned about seasickness
- Swim in crystal clear waters
- Snorkel fringing reefs
- Onboard toilet
- Free bus pickup
- Amazing lunch and fresh snacks
- A day of adventure with creature comforts
- Beautiful natural surroundings
- Experienced and fun crew
- BYO alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine)
Soft drinks and water can be purchased for $2 on the boat. Credit card fee of 2% on check in.
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- All meals plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Stinger suit hire and wetsuit hire (winter months only)
- Parks fees and fuel levy
What to bring:
A 30 L dry bag will be provided for all passengers to safeguard their belongings.
Pack a small soft bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine) for the boat only
- A sense of fun and adventure!
Morning tea: Home-made brownie
- Zucchini frittata and quiche lorraine
- Cold sliced meat and cheese platter
- Salad platter
- Fresh pasta salad
- Chinese noodle salad
- Bread rolls
Afternoon tea: Fresh fruit kebabs
PLEASE NOTE: Thundercat does not cater to dietary requirements. If the above menu does not satisfy the customer they are welcome to bring their own snacks and place them in our esky.
Thundercat offers an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands in comfort and style. This vessel has been designed and built for stability and speed. The all-inclusive price includes two snorkel stops, visits to two beaches, Hill Inlet Lookout and the adventure of a lifetime! This trip is suitable for singles, couples, groups and families.
other popular adventures
Click to discover more about our different experiences