Departs: 7 days a week from Coral Sea Marina Resort at 9am
Returns: Coral Sea Marina at 5pm
Thundercat offers an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands all in one day. The 2018 and 2019 Australian GOLD award winning tour visits the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet lookout and offers 2 snorkelling opportunities on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. Thundercat is one of the fastest catamaran in the Whitsundays and has been designed for stability and speed so it’s perfect for passengers who are concerned about seasickness. The all-inclusive package departs from Airlie Beach and is suitable for families, couples and groups wanting to experience once in a lifetime moments. Thundercat is proud to be accredited as a Climate Action Leading tour. This is the highest level of ECO certification offered in Australia.
- A multi-national award-winning tour operator. The 2018 and 2019 GOLD award winner for best Major Tour and Transport Operator in Australia
- 2018 and 2019 Queensland and Whitsunday GOLD award winner for Adventure Tourism
- Custom-built vessel for the Whitsunday conditions
- Stable catamaran so alleviates concerns regarding seasickness
- A longer day 9-5pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations
- On-board toilet for passenger comfort plus individual seating with back support
- All inclusive of stingersuit, snorkelling equipment and wetsuits (winter months)
- All-Inclusive of morning tea/lunch and afternoon tea freshly made and locally catered
- Beach drop off’s available (weather & tide dependent)
- Visit the best locations including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew members to keep you safe and informed
- Free bus transfers
- The ultimate way to travel around the Whitsundays Island in just one day!
- Proud Climate Action Leaders
Age range from 4 years old and above
Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina at 9 am and travel to Tongue Bay for a once in a lifetime experience on Whitehaven Beach and a guided bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Enjoy fresh homemade baking for morning tea, followed by a buffet lunch before heading to two snorkeling locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to Airlie Beach, arriving approximately 5 pm.
- Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina
- Hill Inlet Lookout (iconic swirling sand)
- Whitehaven Beach (1.5 hours)
- Stonehaven Bay
- Mantaray Bay
- Swim in crystal clear waters
- Snorkel fringing reefs
- A day of adventure with creature comforts
- Beautiful natural surroundings
- Feel peace of mind that you are travelling on a Climate Action Leading tour
PICKUPS: Free pickups will be at various locations in Airlie Beach, Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket. The default pickup is Base Backpackers in Airlie Beach at 8.30 am. If you’d prefer an alternate pickup, please call Red Cat Adventures on 07 4946 4444.If passengers are not at the above pickup at the exact time they will miss the courtesy bus and have to make their own way to the Marina. The boat leaves at 9 am sharp and will not wait for passengers that miss the bus.
Soft drinks and water can be purchased for $2 on the boat. Credit card fee of 2% on check in.
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- Lunch plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Stinger suit hire and wetsuit hire (winter months only)
- Parks fees and fuel levy
- Free bus transfers from Airlie Beach, Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket
What to bring: A 30L dry bag will be provided free of charge for all passengers to safeguard their belongings. Pack a small soft bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine) for the boat only
- A sense of fun and adventure!
The lunch menu is made fresh each day locally and has been designed to suit most dietary requirements.
Morning tea: Homemade gluten-free brownie
- Zucchini frittata and quiche lorraine
- Cold sliced meat and cheese platter
- Salad platter
- Fresh pasta salad
- Chinese noodle salad
- Bread rolls
Afternoon tea: Fresh fruit kebabs
PLEASE NOTE: Thundercat does not cater to dietary requirements. If the above menu does not satisfy the customer they are welcome to bring their own snacks and place them in our esky.
We do not sell alcohol on the boat but all guests are welcome to BYO and place cans in the esky. No red wine or glass allowed on the vessel.
Your Whitsunday Islands’ Day Tour Company Has Climate Action Leaders Certification
Our Australian-owned charter boat company is fully insured. We offer an incomparable Whitsunday Islands’ day tour experience at an affordable price while keeping the highest quality and safety in mind. Find out all about our Thundercat Whitsundays tours.
When Booking a Whitsunday Islands Tour, Consider This
The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world. We can help you to encounter a small part of it while taking care of the environment.
- Our Thundercat Whitsundays Full Day Tour is a 2018 and 2019 Queensland and Whitsunday Adventure Tourism Gold Award winner. We depart from Coral Sea Marina Resort at 9 a.m. and return by 5 p.m. seven days per week for our Great Barrier Reef day trip. The award-winning Coral Sea Marina Resort has 5 Gold Anchor Global Marina accreditation. You may wish to make a booking to stay there so that you can play and explore the exquisite region further.
- We base our custom-built boats on the ones that the film industry uses to shoot nautical scenes. The Thundercat runs fast but stays smooth and steady to lessen your chances of getting seasick. Kids of four years and older are welcome to step aboard, too.
- Our all-inclusive price includes environmental marine charges; the Queensland Parks and Wildlife and fuel levies; locally-catered morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea; stinger suit hire; snorkelling equipment; wetsuits in winter, and free bus transfers.
- Our knowledgeable and experienced crew will keep you informed and safe while we’re at sea and on land. You will spend time on the Hill Inlet lookout at the northern end of Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island, where the white sands blend to create a stunning, swirling effect thanks to the shifting tides.
- The spectacularly pristine Whitehaven Beach landscape is seven kilometres long. It is famous for its clear turquoise water and smooth, white, silky sand, which can’t be found anywhere else in the world. You will get to explore Whitehaven Beach on tour.
- We offer two snorkelling opportunities. The first takes place at the beautiful, quiet Peters Bay, located on the north-east side of Whitsunday Island, for which we’ve obtained a snorkelling permit. The Manta Ray Bay tour at the northern end of Hook Island will occur during the Stonehaven Bay tour. Manta Ray Bay is a prime snorkel and diving site with its colourful soft and hard underwater coral coverage, underwater valleys, caves, and teeming marine life, including the Maori Wrasse and Manta Rays during the winter. Explore these wondrous locations on our Whitsundays Full Day Tour.
- We also offer a Great Barrier Reef snorkelling package with added fun for young people who wish to meet new friends. Explore exciting new environments and tick off several experiences on your bucket list.
- Our two-day and two-night Tongarra Whitsundays Sailing Tour is an adventure for backpackers between 18 and 35 years old. It departs every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 2:30 p.m. and returns every Wednesday, Friday, and Monday at 12 p.m.
- Visit some of the world’s most beautiful and exhilarating destinations. Our trip offers fantastic value for money and will exceed your expectations. Our stable catamaran has ample deck space where you can sunbathe and socialise. You can delight in snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef and the unspoiled areas that fringe it and see the Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach. You will also have the opportunity to take part in water sports on the “Red Shark” banana boat, enjoy some Great Barrier Reef swimming, and sleep under the stars if you choose to do so.
Our outgoing, handpicked, and on-the-ball crew has practical sailing experience and prepares choice meals on the barbeque with fresh ingredients.
The Reef is one of the most legendary and multifaceted natural ecosystems on the planet. It features an astounding range of species, habitats, and ecological communities over an expanse that stretches from shallow inlets into the deep ocean. We’ve achieved the highest level of eco-certification because we keep our carbon footprint as small as possible while providing you with the chance to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy an occasion that you will never forget.
Related Services We Provide to Reef Snorkelling at the Whitsundays
Experience the tranquil beauty of Cedar Creek Falls, which is concealed among rocks, bushes, Alexandra Palms, and white cedar trees. Enjoy the cool spray of the waterfall that cascades over a rocky wall, take a dip in the clear, sparkling waterhole, and revel in the clean air, colourful butterflies, huge variety of birds, and exquisite wild orchids. Note that the waterfall runs seasonally.
- Besides 4,000 acres of bushland, coconut palms, and tropical gardens that descend to the white sands of the Coral Sea oceanfront, the Paradise Cove Resort offers peace and quiet. Take a breather in the tranquil silence with only the beauty of nature, astounding views, and native Australian wildlife to keep you company.
- Our all-inclusive Falls to Paradise One-Day Tour provides you with the opportunity to appreciate the Cedar Creek Falls and the select Paradise Cove Resort. Our small groups depart from the Wisdom Café / Lagoon Carpark on the Airlie Beach main street at 10:30 a.m. and return there at 3:30 p.m. daily. We suggest participants of four years and older.
- We will drive for 30 minutes to reach the falls, where you can swim with the turtles and enjoy a guided eco-walk to the top with an informative yet entertaining guide. Wade in the natural pools and climb over the rocks or simply enjoy the view. Morning tea includes a scrumptious chocolate brownie for added energy.
- Next, you will enjoy a delicious lunch of barbeque burgers and salad at Paradise Cove Resort, where you can use all the facilities. Explore the magnificent white beach or kayak and paddle-board in the Coral Sea if you feel peppy. Alternatively, take a splash in the Balinese-style pool and lounge around in the hammocks under the palm trees if you simply want to relax before or after our Great Barrier Reef snorkelling tour.
- We recommend that you bring your swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen, camera, and your own alcohol in a small backpack. Wear practical clothing and comfortable shoes and bring a waterproof jacket.
- View our Paradise Cove Resort Accommodation options, which offer an exceptional Whitsunday Islands experience. This 4,000-acre private estate presents boutique accommodation about 19 kilometres from Airlie Beach. It is surrounded by a national park and a verdant tropical rainforest that contains matchless flora and fauna.
The resort offers overnight lodging for up to 22 guests. We invite you to switch off your phones and laptops and surrender to the silence and serenity of nature. The spacious rooms reflect the Bali style with an ocean view, tranquil adjoining bathrooms, and ensuite toilets.
- Book our Private King-Sized Deluxe Villa for two with our award-winning bathhouse or tropical ensuite that overlooks the palm trees. Our Glamping tents for couples who love nature are just a few metres away from the beach. The tents are well-appointed with an outdoor toilet and hot-water shower, a king bed, and power. Our Quad, King, and Twin villas are all surrounded by the natural environment right on the beach with distinctively designed bathroom facilities.
We offer eight-hour skippered Whitsundays snorkelling and freediving private charters for 38 or 70 guests at an all-inclusive price. Let us know what you require so that we can tailor the tour to your group and create the ideal event, be it a birthday party, wedding, conference, or other function. Your party will have exclusive and private use of the Paradise Cove Resort.
Why Trust Red Cat Adventures Regarding Your Great Barrier Reef Trip?
We are the sole Whitsundays charter boat tourism business with Climate Action Leaders Certification, which is the highest ECO endorsement in Australia. Our local guides know the area well—they are experienced, friendly, highly-skilled, helpful, and ready to provide excellent customer service. Our prices are reasonable, and we take your safety and comfort seriously, providing fresh and tasty food and beverages. We can cater our Thundercat set menu to dietary requirements such as lactose intolerance, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
We want you to experience an unforgettable excursion that you will be able to think back on with pleasure. Contact us and plan your Whitsundays adventure.