Thundercat offers an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands all in one day! This Australian GOLD national award-winning tour visits the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet lookout, and two snorkelling spots on the Great Barrier Reef.
Tongarra Day Sailing Tour
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 6 - 14
- Two Adults & Two Children Adults age 15+ • Children age 6 - 14
WINTER SCHEDULE – 1st Jun to 31st Oct – Check-in: 9:00am, Departs: 9:30am, Returns: 6:00pm.
SUMMER SCHEDULE – 1st Nov to 31st May – Check-in: 9:30am, Departs: 10:00am, Returns: 6:30pm.
This all-inclusive day tour will take you off the beaten track to experience the Whitsunday Islands’ secret spots. You will explore the most incredible range of marine life and witness the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef from above and below the surface.
Tongarra Day Sail offers a large, comfortable deck, spacious seating, chilled tunes and spectacular scenery. We provide informative history talks, and guests will learn about the reefs and beautiful islands from our experienced crew. Snorkel a pristine location and come face to face with tropical fish, colourful corals and more. Sit back and relax while the sun sets on the journey home.
Check-in opens 30mins prior to departure at Coral Sea Marina North End – Meeting point B
Sit back relax and enjoy a sail for 2 hours to the first snorkel location. Here you will meet the local marine life beneath the surface. The fringing reefs in these locations are home to some of the most spectacular coral formations and an incredible range of marine life in the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays.
Step back aboard Tongarra and enjoy a delicious lunch on the deck in the middle of a small tropical oasis. The perfect place to relax and soak up those views before setting sail once more.
Our accredited ECO guides will give a history talk about the Islands and marine life. We are accredited Climate Actions Leaders and love to share our knowledge with our customers.
After lunch, it’s only a short trip to the spectacular Langford Island Sandbar. Spot the resident turtles, hike the scenic bushwalk or relax on the sands of this idyllic location. Relax, play and explore the island for 2 hours and treat yourself to some fun activities such as paddle boarding and a banana boat ride.
Once back on board, hoist the sails and help take the helm as you chart your course back to Coral Sea Marina, returning with the sunset sail. So, grab your camera, feel the ocean breeze in your hair and adventure to the Whitsunday’s best lesser-known locations…
- Explore some of the Whitsunday’s best-kept secret spots
- Fun and informative ECO tour guides
- Sit back and relax on the deck of Tongarra (bean bags included)
- Feast on delicious snacks and freshly prepared lunch
- Snorkels at the best fringing reefs, the region has to offer
- Enjoy a fun “”Banana Boat”” ride
- Snorkel equipment provided (mask & snorkel only)
- Explore Langford Sandbar and snorkel the fringing Langford Reef
- Return sunset sail back to Airlie Beach
- BYO Alcohol (and we provide the eski and ice)
- Australian owned and family operated business for the past 10 years
- We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only
- Marine accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise
- 2018 and 2019 Gold winners for the best “”Major Tour and Transport Operator”” in Australia!
- 2021 Gold winner for the best “”Adventure Tourism”” Business in Australia!
Tea, Coffee, Cookies, Cake and Fresh Fruit
Fresh Bread Rolls
Cold meats and Cheese Platter
Fresh Pesto Pasta Salad
Seasoned Quinoa Salad
Fresh Salad Platter
Crisps, Dip, Cheeses, Salami, and Crackers
Customers can purchase soft drinks and water for $3 on the boat.
The ALL-INCLUSIVE price includes:
- Lycra suit hire
- Snorkelling equipment (excluding prescription masks)
- Lunch and snacks
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife
- Fuel levy
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine) for the boat only
- Sense of fun and adventure!
Children under six years old must be approved before departure and supply their own lifejacket