Thundercat offers an exhilarating ride around the Whitsunday Islands all in one day. The 2018 and 2019 Australian GOLD award winning tour visits the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet lookout and offers 2 snorkelling opportunities on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. Thundercat is one of the fastest catamaran in the Whitsundays and has been designed for stability and speed so it’s perfect for passengers who are concerned about seasickness. The all-inclusive package departs from Airlie Beach and is suitable for families, couples and groups wanting to experience once in a lifetime moments. Thundercat is proud to be accredited as a Climate Action Leading tour. This is the highest level of ECO certification offered in Australia.
- A multi-national award-winning tour operator. The 2018 and 2019 GOLD award winner for best Major Tour and Transport Operator in Australia
- 2018 and 2019 Queensland and Whitsunday GOLD award winner for Adventure Tourism
- Custom-built vessel for the Whitsunday conditions
- Stable catamaran so alleviates concerns regarding seasickness
- A longer day 9-5pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations
- On-board toilet for passenger comfort plus individual seating with back support
- All inclusive of stingersuit, snorkelling equipment and wetsuits (winter months)
- All-Inclusive of morning tea/lunch and afternoon tea freshly made and locally catered
- Beach drop off’s available (weather & tide dependent)
- Visit the best locations including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew members to keep you safe and informed
- Free bus transfers
- The ultimate way to travel around the Whitsundays Island in just one day!
- Proud Climate Action Leaders
Age range from 4 years old and above
Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina at 9 am and travel to Tongue Bay for a once in a lifetime experience on Whitehaven Beach and a guided bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Enjoy fresh homemade baking for morning tea, followed by a buffet lunch before heading to two snorkeling locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. Afternoon tea is provided before the journey back to Airlie Beach, arriving approximately 5 pm.
- Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina
- Hill Inlet Lookout (iconic swirling sand)
- Whitehaven Beach (1.5 hours)
- Stonehaven Bay
- Mantaray Bay
- Swim in crystal clear waters
- Snorkel fringing reefs
- A day of adventure with creature comforts
- Beautiful natural surroundings
- Feel peace of mind that you are travelling on a Climate Action Leading tour
PICKUPS: Free pickups will be at various locations in Airlie Beach, Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket. The default pickup is Base Backpackers in Airlie Beach at 8.30 am. If you’d prefer an alternate pickup, please call Red Cat Adventures on 07 4946 4444.If passengers are not at the above pickup at the exact time they will miss the courtesy bus and have to make their own way to the Marina. The boat leaves at 9 am sharp and will not wait for passengers that miss the bus.
Soft drinks and water can be purchased for $2 on the boat. Credit card fee of 2% on check in.
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- Lunch plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Stinger suit hire and wetsuit hire (winter months only)
- Parks fees and fuel levy
- Free bus transfers from Airlie Beach, Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket
What to bring: A 30L dry bag will be provided free of charge for all passengers to safeguard their belongings. Pack a small soft bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine) for the boat only
- A sense of fun and adventure!
The lunch menu is made fresh each day locally and has been designed to suit most dietary requirements.
Morning tea: Homemade gluten-free brownie
- Zucchini frittata and quiche lorraine
- Cold sliced meat and cheese platter
- Salad platter
- Fresh pasta salad
- Chinese noodle salad
- Bread rolls
Afternoon tea: Fresh fruit kebabs
PLEASE NOTE: Thundercat does not cater to dietary requirements. If the above menu does not satisfy the customer they are welcome to bring their own snacks and place them in our esky.
We do not sell alcohol on the boat but all guests are welcome to BYO and place cans in the esky. No red wine or glass allowed on the vessel.
When Booking a Whitsunday Islands Tour, Consider This…
The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world. We can help you to encounter a small part of it while taking care of the environment. Find out more about our Eco Tourism Certified business here.
We are the sole Whitsundays charter boat tourism business with Climate Action Leaders Certification, which is the highest ECO endorsement in Australia. Our local guides know the area well—they are experienced, friendly, highly-skilled, helpful, and ready to provide excellent customer service. Our prices are reasonable, and we take your safety and comfort seriously. We want you to experience an unforgettable excursion that you will be able to think back on with pleasure. Contact us and plan your Whitsundays adventure.