Departs: Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 2.30pm
Returns: Every Wednesday, Friday and Monday at 12pm
Tongarra offers a 2-day 2-night social sailing experience that’s perfect for the young, fun and adventurous backpacker. The all-inclusive package visits the best destinations in the Whitsundays including Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and snorkelling at pristine locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. The experienced crew are handpicked for their knowledgeable and friendly attitude and happily prepare top-quality fresh meals on the BBQ. Guests can also enjoy a banana boat ride for an added adrenaline rush and adventure with friends.
Tongarra has an outstanding reputation for being great value for money and exceeding expectations. So, grab your swimwear, iPod and camera and enjoy a few drinks while we show you around the Whitsunday Islands.
- “Red Shark” banana boat for optional water sports
- Option to sleep “under the stars”
- Massive deck space for sunbathing
- Stable catamaran & hands on sailing experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew
- Enjoy snorkelling pristine fringing Great Barrier reefs
- Visit Whitehaven Beach and Hill inlet Lookout
- Great value for money and will exceed expectations
- 2018 Australian, Queensland and Whitsunday GOLD award winners for Major Tour and Transport Operator
- 2018 Queensland and Whitsunday GOLD award winners for Adventure Tourism
- Young, fun and sociable sailing adventure
Suitable for ages 18 – 35 years only
Tongarra Whitsundays tour departs from Coral Sea Marina|Resort at 2.30pm. Enjoy a beautiful sunset sail out to the Whitsunday Islands and get to know your new friends. A freshly home-cooked meal will be provided while you socialise on the front deck with a few drinks before sleeping under the stars (or in a cabin, if you wish).
Wake up next to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach and enjoy a guided walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Snorkel on the fringing Great Barrier Reef amongst our beautiful marine and coral life. If you are into water sports, try our customised banana boat with your friends!
Enjoy one last snorkel and a banana boat ride and sail your way back into Airlie Beach across the beautiful Whitsunday passage for a midday return.
*While we try our best to fulfil our planned itinerary, please understand that tide and weather conditions sometimes result in us visiting alternate locations to ensure a more enjoyable trip for our passengers.
Tongarra Whitsundays menu:
- Breakfast: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, Vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes, and tea or coffee
- Lunch: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- Dinner: (First night) Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw
- Dinner: (Second night) Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- Snacks: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips and dips
- Fresh clean linen
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- All meals plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Tea and coffee
- We provide the eskies and you provide the ice
- Learn to sail and snorkel
What to bring:
Pack a small soft zipless bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- iPod with your favourite music
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine, please)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
Tongarra Whitsundays offers an onboard living and sailing experience that is hard to match, enabling us to show you the best of the Whitsundays. Tongarra is ideal for singles or groups and is geared towards the fun-loving and adventurous young backpacker (with a sense of humour).
Spend Your Holiday Sailing the Whitsundays with Red Cat Adventure
Sailing in the Whitsundays is a unique experience. The protection of the islands makes for smooth sailing all year long, making this the perfect day trip or weekend getaway. The incredibly clear, blue water of the Coral Sea and the stunning vistas help quench the most ardent thirst for adventure. Enjoy the beautiful weather, observe the extraordinary (and friendly) marine life, enjoy delicious food, and relax as you spend a day or more on the water. Whether you’re in the mood for a one-day trip or a tropical three-day tour of the Whitsundays, Red Cat Adventures has the right adventure for you.
Benefits of a Sailing Tour in the Whitsundays
What makes a Whitsundays sailing adventure such an unforgettable holiday?
- Enjoy a digital detox. Most mornings, waking up without cell phone reception might be cause for mild panic. However, on a sailing tour in the Whitsundays, you’ll relish the peace and quiet and embrace your temporary parting from electronic devices.
- Have a new experience. If you’re craving something out of the ordinary, you’ve found it. How about swimming with sharks? The reef and tiger sharks that lurk in this area are well-mannered and well-fed – and you just might encounter one while snorkelling. Bring along the right (underwater) camera, and you’ll have a photo album to cherish for life.
- Chill out – its smooth sailing. As mentioned, the Whitsunday Islands’ protection keeps the waters here calm and smooth most of the time, so if you’re nervous about sailing, this is the perfect location to get your feet wet, so to speak. Our boats are also specially designed to be stable and alleviate seasickness.
Tips Regarding Your Whitsundays Sailing Tour
Any adventure is better when you’re prepared. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your adventure sail in the Whitsundays.
- Know what to bring. You’ll have the best time if you have everything you need – but not too many extra things that you don’t need. Check packing lists and bring everything you need, leaving the things you aren’t likely to need behind. For a Whitsundays sailing adventure with us, you’ll need at a minimum sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel and hat, comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, a windproof jacket, a waterproof camera, and BYO alcohol (please avoid glass containers and red wine).
- Book in advance. Be sure to allow plenty of time when booking a three-day tour in the Whitsundays or any other trip. Making your arrangements as far in advance as possible will help ensure that you can book the tour you want, on the date you want, with the number of people you want to bring. Speaking of the people you bring with you, make sure they’re the right ones for your trip. Whether you’re travelling with your significant other or a group of family or friends, make your plans with people whose company you enjoy and who will add an element of fun (not stress) to your tour.
- Check the weather before you depart. Your tour company will be keeping an eye on the skies and be on top of any incoming weather systems. However, it’s a good idea for you to be aware of the forecast to plan. For example, if there will be unseasonably cool weather on the day of your adventure, then you’ll want to be sure to wear appropriate clothing (remembering that it can feel significantly cooler out on the water and in the wind). Also, keep in mind that temperatures can drop when the sun does, even in the summer.
Related Services We Provide to an Adventure Sail in the Whitsundays
Red Cat Adventures offers a range of exciting tours to give you an up-close experience with the Whitsundays’ beauty. Would you like to swim with turtles? Explore Cedar Creek Falls? Sleep under the stars? We have you covered with these tempting tour options.
- Thundercat Whitsundays 1-Day Tour. Departing seven days a week, the Thundercat tour spans a full day and includes lunch and afternoon tea as well as the use of stinger suits, snorkelling equipment, and wetsuits, depending on the weather.
- Falls to Paradise. This all-inclusive day tour takes you on an expedition to Cedar Creek Falls and the exclusive Paradise Cove Resort. Visit the majestic waterfalls and swim with turtles if you’d like. Take a guided walk to the top for an unmatched view.
- Tongarra Whitsundays Sailing Tour. Spend two days and two nights on a social sailing experience that’s ideal for a young and adventurous backpacker. Take a ride on the banana boat, sleep under the stars, sunbathe on the massive deck, snorkel, swim, and have a blast.
- Private charters. Make the experience all your own with one of our private charters. We’ll happily tailor your tour to your group’s requirements and preferences. A private charter with us is the perfect plan for birthdays, weddings, hens’ or bucks’ parties, or any other event.
About Red Cat Adventures
For ten years, Red Cat Adventures has offered a range of boat day tours, snorkelling, whale watching, overnight boat trips, and more. From 3-day tours in the Whitsundays to quick day trips, we offer something for everyone when it comes to sailing. We are fully insured, experienced, and knowledgeable about the local area; we also include meals and snacks as appropriate on our tours. We are proud of the quality of our service, from our free bus transfers to our high-level Eco certification. Don’t have snorkelling equipment but want to see what’s under the water? We’ll provide it for you. If you’re feeling adventurous, get in touch, and learn more about our tours. We can’t wait to take you on a sailing tour you’ll be talking about for a long time to come.